Thursday, April 05, 2007

Lucky 13 Reasons to Lose Weight

  1. Even though my husband thinks I’m hot now, he’ll think I’m even hotter if I am more comfortable in my own skin.

  1. Less of me means less of me to swell – I’d be able to walk/sit longer without reaction if there wasn’t as much weight pressing down on my feet/butt.

  1. I’ll be able to buy all sorts of cute clothes that they don’t make in my size now. And they’ll cost less. And I’ll have more variety.

  1. I’ll be able to increase my flexibility in yoga without the fat in the way.

  1. I’ll feel better about myself.

  1. My rings that I haven’t been able to wear for years will fit again.

  1. I want to set a good example of health for my family.

  1. I want to prove that I *can* be thin again, and that I am not letting illness and long periods of (legal, medical) steroid use define me.

  1. It will be easier to be pregnant if I am only carrying baby weight and not 60 pounds of additional fat.

  1. It will also be nice to only have to lose the baby weight instead of an additional 60 pounds of fat.

  1. Ireland. We are going on our honeymoon in December, and when I was in Europe last time, I felt like the biggest hog in existence. I was twice as big as everyone else, and I couldn’t buy any souvenir shirts because I was too fat. I want something from Ireland, damn it!

  1. This is the biggie: I was talking to my beloved last night about my 13 reasons, and he came up with the.best.reason.ever that I should do this. I have been trying to convince him to wear a kilt ever since I met him, cause I think it would be hot. He finally agreed last night that after the first 40 pounds, he will wear a kilt just for me. Not in public or anything, but around the house. Rawr.

  1. Oh, and he’ll wear it more than once after he gets it. Total motivation

No comments: