Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Blargh

This weekend was supposed to be all full of relaxing and just hanging out with my sweetie, but as usual, it just didn’t work out that way. We ran all over doing errands, and then Jeff slept most of Saturday because his sleep schedule has been so screwed up due to all the showing and other stuff interrupting his regular times. Sunday he slept until about two (see above reason, plus he had to work Sunday night), and then we went to his parents’ for a while. I like them just fine, but it’s not exactly a relaxing, quality time thing.

Yesterday I had the day off work because I was going to Mayo to get my test results, and was able to schedule the interview for My Dream Job that afternoon. I woke up at the usual time, drove down to Rochester and…

…nothing. The blood tests didn’t come out as we were hoping, which means that I can’t get into any clinical studies to get the good drugs now. I also worry, since my “official” diagnosis isn’t matching up with what we think is wrong anecdotally, that I may not be able to get the good stuff when it comes out later this year/beginning of next.

I know it’s whiney, and there are lots more people that have worse things wrong with them, but I’m tired of being sick, tired of knowing what will work for me, and not being able to get it. And the fact that it’s so close at hand, and I may still not be able to get it makes me want to drink heavily.

So, on the way home from hearing that good news, I called Jeff and he had just found out that Hackey McSnorey’s apartment is up for sale again…for only four grand more than our asking price, and the re-done inside is (and I quote the lovely Sarah), fucking gorgeous.

I hate Hackey McSnorey.

So, on to more strategizing with the realtor. Boo.

And, something else came up, but it’s not my story to share, so I’m not going to. But let’s just say that when my friends suffer, I ache with them. My heart is a bit broken today.

The only good thing for yesterday was that I had an interview for My Dream Job, and I think it went well. I was a bit headachy and tired (oh, yeah, I’m not sleeping again), so I hope I did ok. They are interviewing one more person, and then will bring the finalists back for a second round, and a decision will be made at the end of next week. Keep all fingers and toes crossed for me!!!

No comments: